LC86L is an ultra-compact GNSS module with an integrated patch antenna on top and a GNSS chipset engine (AG3331) that achieves the perfect performance to support two GNSS constellations (either GPS + GLONASS or GPS + BeiDou) and QZSS. With 33 tracking channels, 99 acquisition channels, and 210 PRN channels.
Designed to be compatible with Quectel GPS L80 and L86 module in the compact and unified form factor, it provides the easiest flexible and scalable platform for migrating from GPS into GNSS.
Combining advanced AGNSS as well as EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) and LOCUS feature, LC86L achieves the highest performance and fully meets the industrial standard. EASY™ technology allows LC86L to calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal RAM memory, so LC86L can fix position quickly even at lower signal levels with low power consumption. Additional feature of embedded logger function called LOCUS allows LC86L to log position information to internal flash memory at default intervals of 15 seconds and provide typically more than 16 hours log capacity without adding any cost.
LC86L supports automatic antenna switching function. It can achieve the switching between internal patch antenna and external active antenna. Moreover, it keeps positioning during the switching process. Due to its compact design, high precision and high sensitivity, LC86L is perfectly suitable for a broad range of M2M applications such as portable devices, automotive, personal tracking, security and industrial PDA. It is especially suitable for special applications, like GNSS mouse and OBD.
● Extremely compact footprint: 16.0 mm × 16.0 mm × 6.95 mm
● Multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou (optional) and QZSS
● Automatic antenna switching function
● Support antenna detection and antenna short-circuit protection functions
● Support DGPS, SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
● Support AGNSS
● Integrated LNA available for better sensitivity
● Support EASY™, an advanced AGNSS technology without the demand of any external memory
● Support SDK commands developed by Quectel